Sales Line Already exist error during posting.

KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
Hi all,

I have this strange problem and I do not seem to be able to get this sorted out.

A customer of ours does sporadically get the "Sales Line already exists." error when he posts a sales order.
The sales order posting is completely native. The only modification to the sales order process are a couple of fields added to the Sales Header and Sales line table.
These fields will transfer to the posted documents using the transferfields statement and there is no validation on these fields in the Posted document table.

The strangest thing is that when this error occurs, it could happen a couple of times for the same order, but eventually it will get posted. Even by the same user without leaving the Sales Order form??? But I did notice that when this error occurs, the sales order is not in the archived sales orders. I have not been able to get the error to occur myself and thus not been able to capture it with the debugger.

These are my questions to the forum:
1. could this error be related to Performance issues due to other products on the database server taking up a lot of resources (CRM).
2. can I trace this error without putting to much strain on the server/workstation?
3. has anyone seen this before and could point me in the right direction?

They are using NAV2009SP1, SQL 2005 on a windows 2003 server.

I am reluctant to run tools like the code coverage or SQL profiler because that would influence the performance of the database server and or workstation.
Especially since the error only occurs so sporadically, about once or twice a month.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Willy
Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.

Comments