Options

Looking for documentation about excel automation for Navisio

ResenderResender Member Posts: 119
edited 2012-02-29 in General Chat
Currently working on a project where we export to an excel sheet.
I encountered some problems due to diffrent versions of excel used, for instance our test enviroment still uses excel 2003 while our remote dev have 2010.
(With remote dev I mean we have some people of our company working on it as well but who are not on our main site)

We managed to get everyones automation working for all versions but are cursing on the lack of clear-cut ways/information of doing things.

Basically I'm looking for information/documentation that could show each of the functions and properties available in the excel automation and how they work.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Microsoft has extensive documentation on the Excel object model in MSDN. Just google "Excel object model" and you should get a bunch of links into MSDN.
  • Options
    That's indeed what I was looking for but I also have a 'problem' with it.
    You got _Application and Application interface, both link to the same page but there is a difference.

In this instance the report used Application interface for the older excel versions, but when we tried this for machines we excel 2010 we got the following error:

'The variable XPAPPL::PROTECTEDVIEW is defined multiple times....'

We did not receive this error for the _Application interface, so their is a subtle diffrence that is not explained by the pages.
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    When you search for difference between _application and application, you get a lot of hits.
    What I've got out of it all was that, when problems occurs with application due to methods or functions having a same name/signature, use _application.
    I'm guessing it is because it's a wrapper around the application which makes all the functions go one lvl deeper.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    Could Navision run as a virtual application count as a extra wrapper around this.