LS Retail Statement Closing Issue - Unposted Transaction

maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
Dear LS Retail Experts,

My client is running POS in offline mode. Transactions are generated in POS, replicated to HO, Statement is calculated & posted at HO & Item ledger entries are replicated to POS.

There are transactions which are not posted by Statement and remain as unposted in "Transaction Header" & "Trans. Sales Entry Status". It results as "Qty. Sold not Posted" in Item card & ultimately reflect as wrong inventory in POS.

Problem Scenario:
POS performs transactions & generates Z report (Declare Tender Closing) at end of day. Some time, they perform transactions even after closing Z report. When User calculates Statement in HO, he gets cash difference between Z Report & Statement but it is adjusted manually. Problem is when Statement is posted, entries(which were performed after Z report closing) are not posted & not converted into Item Ledger entries. There are many branches of my client & it has become regular problem for them. Ultimately, overall inventory doesn't match with physical inventory.

Please let me know if anybody has faced same problem & workaround for same.
Best Regards,
Mahesh Jain
mahesh@reliconservices.com

Comments

• sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    Hi Mahesh,

What is the NAV & LS Retail Version ?
    My understanding as per posting is cash declaration used @ POS .
    Problem is when Statement is posted, entries(which were performed after Z report closing) are not posted & not converted into Item Ledger entries

In functionality profile card 'POS Cash Management' and 'POS Pickup Warning' fields must be unticked at HO.
    Are u calculating statement shift wise ?
    How many stores & pos terminals are used ?
    Why the statment is posted at HO Server and replicating the ILE to POS ??? Could you explain the scenario ??
    Why are not using ICT Conecpt for posting the statement ??
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
  • KishraguKishragu Member Posts: 45
    Based on what you have explained, it appears the users are calculating the statement before all the transactions for a particular day has replicated successfully to HO. Identify the business process and compare it with your replication frequency and modify it accordingly so that all the transactions are at HO before the user calculates and posts a statement. The other option would be calculate a secondary statement for the store /pos which will capture all unposted transactions on a weekly or monthly basis.
  • maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    Thanks for your reply Kishragu & Sudhakarsv.
    All POS are running in offline mode & statements are posted from HO only after replication of transaction from POS to HO.

Scenario: User generate Z Report around 9:30pm. Cash is given to HO physically as per Z report next day. User performs transactions even after closing of Z Report. Next Day when Statement is calculated - system considers all entries performed in same day (entries with & without Z Report).

My understanding is that System is posting (creating Item ledger entry) only trans. sales entry for which Z report ID is generated. Next day - these entries are not included in next day statement also due to date difference. Ultimately - some transaction sales entries remain left to be posted.

Hope, it is clear now.
    Kishragu wrote:
    The other option would be calculate a secondary statement for the store /pos which will capture all unposted transactions on a weekly or monthly basis.
    This seems to be smarter & alternate workaround.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
  • KishraguKishragu Member Posts: 45
    Hi Mahesh,

a) Z-Reports has got nothing to do with how a statement is calculated / posted. Running a Z-Report is not mandatory.

b) You haven't specified when the users are calculating the statement.

- If the users are calculating the statement today for yesterday then all the transactions for yesterday should be in the system and the statement
    calculation should post all the transactions for yesterday and leave nothing behind. If this is the case, check your replication and do a transaction
    header comparison between HO & BO database to ensure all the data is at HO and if it is not you know where to look!!

- If the users are calculating the statement today for today while the store is still trading, but posting the same day or following day, this is a process
    issue and will always result in transactions being left out. Educate the user on how the system works and how they should be calculating the
    statement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Kishore
  • maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    Thanks Kishragu for reply.
    Kishragu wrote:
    a) Z-Reports has got nothing to do with how a statement is calculated / posted. Running a Z-Report is not mandatory.
    User always compare physical cash with Z-report cash.
    Kishragu wrote:
    If the users are calculating the statement today for yesterday then all the transactions for yesterday should be in the system and the statement calculation should post all the transactions for yesterday and leave nothing behind.
    My understanding was that systems posts only those transactions for which Z report is generated. Anyway, i'll double check complete scenario.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
  • rmpatel22rmpatel22 Member Posts: 80
    Hi Mahesh,

You need to check this issue in detail and find out what is exact problem, I don't think it is statement posting problem. We are using same scenario since many years but never faced any problem of remaining transactions unposted.
    Rakesh Patel
    Navision Developer