Invisible Approval Entries

bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
A PO approver has received a batch of notification e-mails but cant see the corresponding orders in the "Approval Entries" form. When I look at the approval entries table, the entries in question have a status of "Created". It looks like only entries with a status of "Open" are visible in the "Approval Entries" form.

How does the status on an approval entry get advanced from "Created" to "Open" ? If I try to do it manually by running the table in object designer, I get a message telling me that I cant change the status using that form.

Thanks

Bob

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Have you done any modifications in Codeunit 439 - Approvals Management
    Status is changed from Created to open based on variable "IsOpenStatusSet" in FinishApprovalEntryPurchase function..
  • bob_upbob_up Member Posts: 155
    No, we havent made any changes to that codeunit and the current setup has been working fine for some time.

The only thing we have done recently is change the "Approval ID" from the normal approver to a different user on all of the "Approval User Setup" records. This happens regularly, when the usual approver is out of the office.

Am I right that the status on approval entries must be "Open" in order for them to be visible in the "Approval Entries" form, in which entries can be approved or rejected.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Yes, you are right..the form will show only open entries..
    The it seems to me that I must change the status on these entries from "created" to "open" in order for them to be approved. How can I do this ?
    I have resolved the problem. The approval request had been generated because the order had been changed. The user who made the change wasnt the one who had originally created the order. This situation generates an approval entry to the user who originally created the order as well as one to the PO approver. Once this has been approved, the status on the entry for the PO Approver is advanced from "Created" to "Open".

Thanks for the help.