Options

passing variables between pages

jr_macarilayjr_macarilay Member Posts: 29
edited 2012-02-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have two custom pages, one is a list and the other is its card page. Im trying to pass a variable from the list page going to the card page whenever the New action is triggered. Ive tried using a function to pass the variables (which work for me on my other pages) but it wont work on this one. Im thinking maybe because im opening the card page through the New action instead of through code. :-k

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    st0328st0328 Member Posts: 97
    Hi jr macarilay,

Once please check the Function Call, that refers to the a variableName(of that Card Page) and
    Cardpage how you are calling ?
  • Options
    Hi,

i think that's one of my problems, im not really sure where to put my 'getInfo' function (the one that passes the values). I tried putting it under OnInit() and i also tried putting it under OnOpenPage() but i still cant pass the values.
  • Options
    st0328st0328 Member Posts: 97
    Hi,

I have two custom pages, one is a list and the other is its card page. Im trying to pass a variable from the list page going to the card page whenever the New action is triggered.

That means u r passing the variables , if the user is trying to create the New record.

If yes, please call NEW with code.

And disable the Existing --> viewtopic.php?f=32&t=51918

and send the variables to your card-page and insert records through code.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the link. I already set the RunFormMode to 'Create' but the card page now displays the first record of the table. Is there anything else i need to do?

Thanks