How to prevent post G/L journal multi-lines debit and credit

vandangvandang Member Posts: 101
Hi experts,

How could we code to prevent user post multi-lines debit and multi-lines credit in General Ledger Journal? I know this is a helpful function from Nav, but unfortunately customer they don't want to use this. Thanks for read this and help!

Dan

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    You want to post single line with bal. account type or two lines with debit and credit?

Simply count the debit and credit lines and through error message if more than 1
  • vandangvandang Member Posts: 101
    Hi, they'd like to post one debit - many credits or many debits - one credit.
    so as I told, count debit and credit lines, if both are multiple then show error message..
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    so as I told, count debit and credit lines, if both are multiple then show error message..

This is a training issue and not some technical issue.

Vandang you should tell the users how NAV works, application logic and don't try to change NAV just for the wishes of users.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:

Vandang you should tell the users how NAV works, application logic and don't try to change NAV just for the wishes of users.

I think your idea is great but in my country, it's more clearly when accountant post one credit-multi debit or vice versa. so...

Thanks for your help. It worked but hopefully doesn't affect to another journal
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ssingla wrote:

Mohana, trust your seniors. Sandeep is correct, it is always better to train users correctly than to simply implement every change so that Navision will work the same way as their old system.
    David Singleton
    ssingla wrote:

Mohana, trust your seniors. Sandeep is correct, it is always better to train users correctly than to simply implement every change so that Navision will work the same way as their old system.

Yes David, I trusted..I didnt argue on that... :-k