Restoration of NAV DB failing

rchikkarchikka Member Posts: 23
Hi All,
We have implemented NAV 2009 R2 with SQL 2008. While taking the backup from Front end ( using Navision screen - tools- backup ) and trying to restore this in a standalone new database, we are getting a error " Customer no 29 already exists". The restoration even failing when we try to restore in New SQL DB also.

However we have taken the backup of the same database in Decemeber 2011 and were able to restore successfully.. Post Dec 2011, this database has been added with more number of customers and this is causing this error and for this customer 29, the transactions are also created.

I have done even the DB Test option with all possible options (incl. secondary key relationships ) however no error found in DB Test.

I have even tried to restore only application objects also but the same issue.

Can anyone suggest how to over come this restoration problem.

Regards,
chikka.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Can you post the screen shot of the error?
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Could it be that you already have data in your DB and your table has changed from DataPerCompany=Yes to No?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    As Sandeep says, its difficult to help you with out knowing the error message that you are getting. You need to post either a screen shot of the error, of post the error message EXACTLY as it appears, rather than just posting something close.
    David Singleton
  • rchikkarchikka Member Posts: 23
    Hi Singla/David,

I'm restoring into NAV 2009 classic(fin) db.

Pls find attached screen shot for your perusal.

@ Kriki : The data per company is still points to "YES".

On further observations : when i try to modify "county/region field " in customer master for customer no :35 or some other customer, the system is not allowing me to change also and kindly find attached screen shot also for the same ( this is happening in Live DB )

No additional code has been written on "on modify " trigger except standard code.

Regards,
    Kalyan.
    i'm sending the attachments in 2 files..
    one more attachment.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Have you created a new database or you are restoring in existing database. In case of later try deleting the company you are restoring and then restore.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Hi Singla,

I'm creating a new database and into this i'm restoring the backup. It looks like the data has been corrupted but i'm unable to trace, where things went wrong..

I do have the old database(as on 10 Dec 2011) for which, I have successfully restored, but for the backup as of day-to day , this error is occuring.

Regards,
    Kalyan.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Did you try to create a new backup and try to restore that?
    If it still goes wrong, do a test on your DB (File=>Database=>Test).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Hi Kriki,

Thanks for the reply.

The reason has been identified as someone with admin privileges have entered one dummy record for the same in the database. ( so the duplicate entry has been created which is not allowing to restore properly. )

Thanks all for your valuable inputs and suggestions..

Regards,
    chikka.