Multiple copies of a report

sbillysbilly Member Posts: 231
I created a report and I wanted to print it multiple copies.
I did the same thing as in report 206 ( copyLoop and PageLoop), but it doesn't work.
Who knows why please?
Thanks

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Well by that description you gave there is no way to know what you have actually done.

But when you view the sections is your first section PageLoop, Header (1) for example? or is it the orginal dataitem that the report had before you modified it?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    You need to do the hard work of figuring out how these things work. Run the process, use the debugger, pick apart the elements of the object and see how it works. This is something you need to learn yourself. At best you need to have a senior sit next to you and show you how stuff like this works, but you will not get to the bottom by asking these questions in an online forum.

Create an invoice with a lot of items, so there are enough of them so that the invoice will go onto more than 1 page. Then run the invoice report for that invoice and set it to 2 copies. Turn on the debugger and step through the code, one line at a time, and observe how the object works. Pay particular attention to the indentation of the dataitems and how they are filtered, and what their relationship is to the pages and copies of the report. Pay attention to the temporary variables, and how in each copy those temp variables are addressed to populate the controls of the report.
  • ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 110
    Savatage wrote:
    Well by that description you gave there is no way to know what you have actually done.

Can you tell what you did in report and what's the issue occurring :?:
    Zephyr
  • sbillysbilly Member Posts: 231
    DenSter wrote:
    You need to do the hard work of figuring out how these things work. Run the process, use the debugger, pick apart the elements of the object and see how it works. This is something you need to learn yourself. At best you need to have a senior sit next to you and show you how stuff like this works, but you will not get to the bottom by asking these questions in an online forum.

Create an invoice with a lot of items, so there are enough of them so that the invoice will go onto more than 1 page. Then run the invoice report for that invoice and set it to 2 copies. Turn on the debugger and step through the code, one line at a time, and observe how the object works. Pay particular attention to the indentation of the dataitems and how they are filtered, and what their relationship is to the pages and copies of the report. Pay attention to the temporary variables, and how in each copy those temp variables are addressed to populate the controls of the report.

I did all what u said ( the debugger, the indentation of the dataitems).
    Every thing seems to be ok, but when I run the report with a number of copy, nothing happends
  • sbillysbilly Member Posts: 231
    I found it;
    the copyloop and pageloop dataitem must be before the main dataitem.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    :thumbsup: good job, glad you were able to make that work