Import Data stock take to NAV

julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
hi all
i want to import item from stock take
so for example i have 10 qty in NAV
but in reality i have 20
so i use Phys Inventory Journal, which is calculate inventory first, and then change the Qty (physical), then post

i have a requirement that i have to import this qty 20 from files
but how is the best approach to do the import?
because when i input manual (without calculate inventory), i can't tick Physical Invetory field, which is boolean type

any other idea how do i import this stock take quantity to NAV?
thanks

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Try the standard NAV Physical Inventory Order/Recording. It features exactly what you need.
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    rhpnt wrote:
    Try the standard NAV Physical Inventory Order/Recording. It features exactly what you need.
    can you tell me which object id?
    how to use this?
    is it different with phys invt journal?
    I won't tell you the object ID but rather the menu where it's located: Warehouse->Inventory (who would have thought). The rest is up to you.
    rhpnt wrote:
    I won't tell you the object ID but rather the menu where it's located: Warehouse->Inventory (who would have thought). The rest is up to you.

this is object that i used now
    phy inventory journal
    what i asked is there any other method
    julkifli33 wrote:
    Well, I know what you asked (I can read) and this is it. If you would provide the NAV version and license permissions then maybe we can make some progress.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    julkifli33 wrote:
    No there's not. That's how you do it.

If you want to import data into that screen from a file, then you will need to create a process that imports data into the right table. You'll need to figure out which table is on that screen, you'll have to figure out how the system knows that it is a physical inventory rather than a regular item journal, and modify your import process accordingly.

Have your senior show you how to do these things.
    DenSter wrote:
    julkifli33 wrote:
    No there's not. That's how you do it.

If you want to import data into that screen from a file, then you will need to create a process that imports data into the right table. You'll need to figure out which table is on that screen, you'll have to figure out how the system knows that it is a physical inventory rather than a regular item journal, and modify your import process accordingly.

Have your senior show you how to do these things.
    i think i will ask user to calculate inventory by manual
    and then they can import data to phys invt journal