Options

Demo Data

kujukuju Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 62
edited 2012-02-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi there,

Have you seen the recent page on partnersource with the new demo database which has been released?
Some facts:

-76 new customers and 32 ship-to Addresses have been added.
-11,000+ sales orders and 800+ purchase orders have been processed.
-88,000 G/L entries have been added.
-32,000 item ledger entries have been added.
- 2.4 million records have been added, the original demo data had 61210 records.

You will find the Extended Demo Data on the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 Download page. Scroll down to the part called “Extended Demo Database Backups”.

What do you think?

Feedback?

Kuju
Dynamics Rules!

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Thanks for the effort! I'll take a look at the page as soon as possible.
    Did you add a lot of data for the item tracking module, too?

P.S.: i hope that "Cannon Group" is still the top customer [-o<
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    I think it's good that we have it, BUT ... :!:

I am still looking for a tool that can help us generate demo data ourselves as part of hour development process, i.e.:

* to be able to build a clean database, having the same demo data each time
    * to add to standard demo data new data that fits into our add-on

This altogether will help us a lot in our testing and demo efforts.

I know that:

* NAV dev team has a demo tool (translated and modified for each country)
    * That for this extended demo data a new tool has been build

So make it available to partners. :idea:
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Is it still possible to use such a demo with the Cronus license? It has transaction limit... :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kine wrote:
    Is it still possible to use such a demo with the Cronus license? It has transaction limit... :-k

I have never tested that in SQL. In Native the transaction limit is reset if you create a new db and do a restore. But how is that stored in SQL? Does SQL just count total records?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    kujukuju Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 62
    Belias: Many customers got added but I want to introducte you to customer 25000 Litware Inc, A UK customer who already did some business with us... more than 2750 shipments & orders booked. Offcourse because we ADDED demo data, your beloved cannon group is still very present :)

IvanVugt, Thanks for the feedback, howerver, because of a general request, the scope of the project was to add demo data, not to deliver a toolset ... at this point in time. However, have you seen the latest Statement of Direction posted on Partnersource?
    In there, We talk about Microsoft Dynamics ERP Rapidstart services. this service will help you with configurating and filling datasets in implementations to speed up your deployments (And offcourse, you can use it for your development & test environments as well).

Kine, You are probably refering to the 4000 write transactions in a db? Well, as with any other cronus license this hasn't change and the counter will start from 0. so no worries, nothing changed. More about the license limitations can be found here
    Dynamics Rules!
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    kuju wrote:
    ... Microsoft Dynamics ERP Rapidstart services. this service will help you with configurating and filling datasets in implementations to speed up your deployments (And offcourse, you can use it for your development & test environments as well).
    I know about this (was in a discussion meeting during NAV KT3 event) and what I learned from that this not match the needs I did describe above. I want to be able to incorporate this in demo data thing in our (automatic) build process in the same manner as NAV core team is doing this. No manual interaction wanted.

As I learned from my NAV Development with Tema Foundation Server session at the DDC I am not the only want in search for that.

You might know that I have entered a request for this on msconnect almost 2 years ago.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community