Qty to deliver

imclever1205imclever1205 Member Posts: 94
Dear All,

I have to add a field on a sales line that is Qty.to Deliver and Qty Delivered. On the post button
I have to add an option Deliver.On selecting Deliver,I have to transfer the the amount in qty to deliver to qty delivered.Its same as qty to ship and qty shipped.

Can someone please help?
Thanks.

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    What is the difference between ship and deliver?

What entries you have to post in this option?

It is not easy and simple task..
  • imclever1205imclever1205 Member Posts: 94
    There's no big difference ,its quite the same actually,if I could just duplicate and change the name it would have been better for me but the client requirements are an option to Deliver ,then he ships and then invoices.
    There's no big difference ,its quite the same actually,if I could just duplicate and change the name it would have been better for me but the client requirements are an option to Deliver ,then he ships and then invoices.

What about the posting entries and posted documents?
    The requirements are that when the user clicks Post button,he selects the option Deliver,,the amount in Qty to deliver has to be transferred to Qty Delivered that's all. Then upon invoicing the posted tables have to be updated accordingly.
  • dansdans Member Posts: 148
    no posted delivery ? no partial delivery ? no undo delivery ? no effect on ledger ?
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
    No nothing on what I told above.It sounds silly I know.
    No nothing on what I told above.It sounds silly I know.
    Whatever..

We (I) am clear on your requirement..
    so what did you try as of now?
    I added the option on the Codeunit 81 i.e Deliver and now I am writing the code. But i do not know where to write it so that when invoiced it gets updated in the posted table.
    If you want to update the values to posted tables then simply add the fields with same ID in posted tables...

How did you do for updating Qty delivered when only Delivery is selected?
    Im thinking on it...
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ... the client requirements are an option to Deliver ,then he ships and then invoices.

No this is wrong.

Any consultant working in the field of ERP and distribution needs to have a fairly good working knowledge of INCOTERMS. Terms like SHIP, DELIVER, OWNERSHIP, INSURANCE, INVOICE, IN TRANSIT etc. need to be understood before most of the INCOTERMS make sense.

In general terms, SHIP means the goods have left the Supplier or their agent. Delivered means the goods have arrived at the Customer or their agent. The bit in between is the in transit state, and it is a critical one to know and understand.

Logically of course you can NOT deliver goods until after they shipped. So either you misunderstood the client, or they are wrong.
    David Singleton

Any consultant working in the field of ERP and distribution needs to have a fairly good working knowledge of INCOTERMS. Terms like SHIP, DELIVER, OWNERSHIP, INSURANCE, INVOICE, IN TRANSIT etc. need to be understood before most of the INCOTERMS make sense.

My question was not pointed towards the MEANING..

It was pointd towards the Posting routine..which is also existing in my post..
    What entries you have to post in this option?

Anyhow, thanks for your explanation..
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Anyhow, thanks for your explanation..

:thumbsup: welcome.
    David Singleton