report like a pivot table

sbillysbilly Member Posts: 231
HI all,
I want to know if we can create a report like a pivot table in excel.
I want to calculate the shipped qty by customer.
Thanks for help.

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    sbilly wrote:
    I want to know if we can create a report like a pivot table in excel.
    If you're going for the looks - sure - if you have the eyes of an eagle and nerves of steel.
    sbilly wrote:
    I want to calculate the shipped qty by customer.
    I don't think you need a pivot like report for that.
  • sbillysbilly Member Posts: 231
    [/quote]I don't think you need a pivot like report for that.[/quote]
    Have u any other idea?
    Yes. Look up the NAV help topic "GroupTotalFields" property for reports.
    I want to create a report that calculates the shipped qty for each customer.
    It's like a pivot table, with The items in the line and customers in column.
    How can I do it?
    Thanks
  • 21ahmed21ahmed Member Posts: 24
    Hi,
    It will be easier if you make that with a Form where you use a MatrixBox (Items in the line and customers in column or reversly, you have the choice). This form can be after exported to Excel.
    I already did it, but I want it in a report
    Thanks
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    sbilly wrote:
    I want to create a report that calculates the shipped qty for each customer.
    It's like a pivot table, with The items in the line and customers in column.
    How can I do it?
    Thanks

I would have suggested that you check out the "GroupTotalsField", but since that has already been suggested, I can assume that you already tried that, wrote code in your report to use it and it didn't work. In which case I am not sure how to help you. ](*,)
    David Singleton
    sbilly wrote:
    I want to create a report that calculates the shipped qty for each customer.It's like a pivot table, with The items in the line and customers in column.How can I do it?
    In many ways. If it is a fix number of items then it can be done as suggested with the use of "GroupTotalsField" property. If on the other hand the number of items is variable, you must handle this before the report in a "buffer" table which server as a "pivot" table.