Navision 2009 R2

seshnarayanseshnarayan Member Posts: 4
Dear All,

My client is using Navision 2009 and uses average costing(Modules- Both Trading & Manufacturing).

Problems Faced

a) Inventory - Cost Posted to GL does not tally with Chart of Accounts

Deviation from Normal Process

Posting Shipment and invoice without stock.
Posting Output without posting Consumption

Please advice me how to handle it and tell me whether costing will get affected because of the abobe

Regards
Narayan

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    A new Costing Error and Data Correction white paper and a Costing Error Detection report have been released on PartnerSource and CustomerSource.

The Costing Error Detection and Data Correction white paper discusses common inventory costing issues and how you can correct erroneous data after inventory costing issues have been identified. The white paper focuses on the data and the fields that typically cause problems in the cost adjustment process.

The Costing Error Detection report can help you find common costing data problems. If the report shows that there are errors in your database, you can use the suggestions in the white paper to correct the data. The report can also be used to validate inventory data .
  • ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 110
    Welcome to Mibuso :)

are you using Automatic Cost Posting ?
    Zephyr
  • seshnarayanseshnarayan Member Posts: 4
    Dear All,

It is Automatic Cost Posting

I run the Costing Error Detection report it gave me some list but i could not find out how the error has occured.

Please guide me
    what does that report shows ?

Can you post the screenshot of that report data ?
  • seshnarayanseshnarayan Member Posts: 4
    Dear All,

It says Item Application is wrong

Please tell me first whether Posting Shipment before posting output will affect costing or not

Regards

Narayan

Please tell me first whether Posting Shipment before posting output will affect costing or not

I suggest you to post transactions in the test database and check the inventory valuation reports. you will come to know the results.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Dear All,

It says Item Application is wrong

Regards

Narayan

Discussed several times on the forum. The answer is yes it will. This link will give you some idea...
    http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22316&hilit=abnormal+posting+date
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in