Dimensions error in currency Batch Job

sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
Hi,
I dont know this is a bug or what but when i run the currency batch job i am getting Dimension error like you must select dimension ........ even though all the entries to that particular GL account have been posted with dimension values. This is generally happening with bank account because we have made all bank accounts to post with dim 1(mandatory).

Comments

• sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    Error Is Select a Dimension Value Code for the Dimension Code ENTITY for G/L Account 10101100. while running Adjust Exchange Rate batch job.
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi sunnyk,

usually you get this error when one of the gain/loss g/l accounts requires a dimension. The solution would be to remove the default dimensions for these accounts.

with best regards

Jens

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.523852,13.368822
  • sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    Hi,
    I know i can do like this but my exchange Rate entries will post without Dimension which we dont want. I found the problem that when on bank default Dimension i give the value of Dimension Value code the process of adjust exchange rate will go without any error but when we remove it it shows any error.
    Why Its not happening with customer and Vendor and only with Bank? Why its taking the value from Banks default Dim and not from entries posted to GL.
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi sunnyk,

just looked it up... from what you describe the error message comes from the bank account default dimension itself. When the adjustment is being posted, a bank ledger entry will be generated as well. So if your default dimension 1 of the bank account is valueless (only "code mandatory", no default value), you will invariably get this error. You would need a customization (in report 595, minimum) to circumvent this.

Why is it working with Customer/Vendor Ledger adjustments? This lies in the nature of the postings: For these only detailed Customer/Vendor Ledger Entries are added, with G/L entries showing the effect (unrealized gain/loss) and the current account (accounts receivable/payable). Since it's only detailed entries, there are no dimensions involved (except for the global dimension fields being inherited from the initial entry), hence no problem with default dimensions from Customer or Vendor.

with best regards and HTH

Jens