Importing Budgets into consolidation company

raphael_asraphael_as Member Posts: 8
Can anyone tell me if budgets are imported during consolidation? If so is there anything specific that needs to be done or should it just happen automatically.

I am consolidating 5/6 companies into a consolidated company - each company has different currencies and budgets are currently entered on the company level - it would be a bit of a pain to have to re-enter them all at the consolidation level (esp. ensuring that currency conversions were carried out correctly etc).

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
What the hell makes someone think that an ABAP developer can magically program C/Side?

Comments

• giulio.cipogiulio.cipo Member Posts: 77
    the consolidation export and import or read (depending if is from the same database or different) only the gl entry table so the solution is create a procedure that do the same for budget entry. the report is 91 so you could copy it changing tablem 17 with table G/L Budget Entry the problem is that all the budget name should be the same and when you import you should change entry no ( primary key of G/L Budget Entry) to avoid problem of two record with same entry no.
  • Liveware_GlennLiveware_Glenn Member Posts: 1
    The development required to add the facility to consolidate budget ledger entries, was it significant and has your solution been reliable?
  • romeosdfromeosdf Member Posts: 20
    in such cases i export to excel, consolidate in excel, then import in the consolidated company
    Romeo
    MCT - Dynamics
    ERP implementor/consultant