Options

Add-in differences between 2009 SP1 and R2

AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
edited 2012-02-02 in NAV Three Tier
I have an add-in that I have written which uses a browser control which renders html based on logic. In this I raise an event back to NAV when certain elements are clicked. This works perfectly with 2009 SP1. With an R2 client the control renders perfectly but does not respond to any events. To verify this I added messages within the add-in both on the click event and the document completed event and neither of these gets displayed.

Is anyone aware of any differences between the way add-ins are handled on the SP1 client as opposed to the R2 client that may explain this behaviour? [-o<

Comments

• Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    It sounds exactly the same as the issue we had a couple of months ago and reported it to MS. But then it was going from R2 RTM (build 32012) to the latetst build at that point in time, platform build 32558.
    Wat build are you experiencing your problem on and did you try the latest build already?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    Thanks for the response.

Currently using build 32775. Would be really useful to know what changed between builds.

Unfortunately I see a re-write of an add-in in my future!
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be only recompilation of the addin with newer DLLs will be enough...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I would have hoped that would be the case a well. In theory the only dll that should have a bearing on the compilation of the Add-in is Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Extensibility.dll. This dll does not appear to have been updated in any hotfixes for R2. (I have file version 1.3.10805.114).
    I have also looked through all the hotfixes for R2 and cannot see anything that relates to a change for add-ins.