Crystal Reports and Navision

danushke2010danushke2010 Member Posts: 5
Error message when you try to open crystal (.rpt) file by using a hyperlink command in Microsoft Navision: "C/SIDE hyperlinking failed"

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Try using automation instead of HYPERLINK. See viewtopic.php?f=23&p=33549.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    What does your hyperlink command look like?
    are you trying to run a report directly or just open Crystal?

OnPush()
    HYPERLINK('M:\Accounts Payable\Purchase Orders.RPT'); works for us.
    Are you using variables to hold the path & name?

Path := 'M:\Accounts Payable\Purchase Orders.RPT';
    OnPush()
    HYPERLINK(Path);
  • danushke2010danushke2010 Member Posts: 5
    Dear Ruiz,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I tried to find the file from the browser and hyperlink looks like; F:\iSHARE\AZ.rpt
    and then I tried to use as the server path; file://\\danushka-pc\iSHARE\AZ.rpt

but still no luck.

Thanks
    I tried to find the file from the browser and hyperlink looks like; F:\iSHARE\AZ.rpt
    and then I tried to use as the server path; file://\\danushka-pc\iSHARE\AZ.rpt

Ok 1) when you go to F:\iSHARE\AZ.prt & click it, does it run?
    2) when you go Start->My computer is the type of your mapped F drive say "Network Drive" or "Disconnected Network Drive"
    UPDATE:

Interesting list of "Approved Protocols"
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd339043.aspx

They must have removed .rpt from the stx which is odd. You would think they would just keep adding functionality instead of removing. Beacuse we are using an older version of Nav and I'm Hyperlinking to crystal reports (.rpt) all day, everyday

But the post says "Navision" not "Dynamics Nav" so It appears they are using an older version that 2009?