Language Module Problem in 5.0 sp1

devu_13devu_13 Member Posts: 101
Hi Everyone

I am importing another layer in NAVISION. When i was imported complete language layer but after imported my all Objects modified..So i am confuse that its happen always like this or its a wrongly happned.

Please comment ASAP. ](*,)
Devendra Kr. Sharma
IBIZ Consulting Services,India

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    As far as I know, it shouldnt update Modified field..
  • devu_13devu_13 Member Posts: 101
    Thanks Mohana

Then how i will import this layer in NAV.
    Any way?????? :(
    Devendra Kr. Sharma
  • dansdans Member Posts: 148
    you can export the object table first so you have the information before importing the language.
    after importing the language, you can import the object file to change the Modified field back to the original.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • devu_13devu_13 Member Posts: 101
    Thanks Dans.. :thumbsup:

If anyone want to say Comment on this....................Welcome.!!!!
    Devendra Kr. Sharma
  • ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 110
    I hope you used this process too if not then let it try.

You must ensure that your database has enough space to store this new language layer.
    For example, in the Cronus International Ltd. demonstration database, you must expand the database to at least 200,000 KB.

1. To expand the size of a database, on the File menu, select Database, and then Expand.
    2. In the Expand Database dialog box, enter 100,000 in the Add (KB) field and click OK.

To add the language module to your application, follow this procedure:

1. Extract the XXX.exe (e.g. XXX=DAN for Danish) file to your Microsoft Business Solutions–Navision\Client folder. This will create
    • A new subfolder in your Client folder for the new language.
    • A new subfolder in your BusinessNotificationManager folder for the new language.
    • A new subfolder in your BusinessNotificationManager\Templates folder for the new language.
    2. Start Navision.
    3. In the Object Designer, select all objects.
    4. On the Tools menu, select Language Module, and then Import.
    5. In the Language Module Import dialog box, browse to the new subfolder and select the .flm file and click OK.

Then, import the language layer.

1. When you have imported the language module, you must close Navision.
    2. Restart Navision and on the Tools menu, select Language.
    3. In the Application Languages dialog box, select the new language and click OK. The application now switches to the new language.
    4. In order to run Business Notifications in the added language, the Operating System has to reflect the new language module you have installed.

You have now added the language layer to your application.

If you install the Business Notification Server product, you add the associated language layer to your application by following this procedure:
    Extract the Business Notification.exe file to your Microsoft Business Solutions–Navision folder. This will create a new subfolder in your Business Notification\EndUserSubscription\bin folder for the new language.

Note :: You can delete the .flm file once you have imported the language module into the database. However, all other files in the new subfolders must not be deleted from this Navision client.
    Zephyr