WebCam pictures capturing

PachiPachi Member Posts: 25
Have ever someone captured a picture with a webcam from NAV?

For certain processes I need to capture a picture of the user that is executing them and upload to NAV database or a shared folder the image.

Could someone help me?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Don't most webcam software have a "Take Picture" option?
    If so then save the file & upload.

You can also hit "Print Screen" open Paint & Paste & Save.

Are you looking for something more specific?
    What have you tried & what is not working for you?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Pachi wrote:
    For certain processes I need to capture a picture of the user that is executing them and upload to NAV database or a shared folder the image.

Will the user press the camera button and upload the picture, or is this something the user probably doesn't want, so will try to find ways not to have their picture taken?
    David Singleton
  • PachiPachi Member Posts: 25
    The idea is to develop a presence control funcionality. Users have to post the time they enter or exit the company and, at the same time, system should take a picture and save it into NAV database or an external folder, but the command to take the picture should be sent from NAV.

Thank you for your interest.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I found this command line webcam image grabber on the net: http://batchloaf.wordpress.com/commandcam/
    CommandCam

CommandCam is a simple and easy to use command line webcam image grabber for Windows. It’s free and I publish the full source code. It captures a single image from a webcam and stores it in a bitmap file. CommandCam is ideal for use in batch files and other situations where you want a very simple way to automate image capture. CommandCam uses Microsoft’s DirectShow API to access webcams, so it should work with most USB cameras.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)