Timer that stops report after 1 hour question

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello all,

I'd like to code a timer on an existing report that stops a report after 60 minutes. Does anyone know how to accomplish this goal?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Chris

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Than add some check into the report itself, save the date and time on beginning and then in the loop which is processing the data, check if the current date time is one hour from the saved one, and if yes, call the QUIT command of the report.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Thank you for the reply! One more question: the report I'm trying to kill is a processing only version of the adjust cost routine, which has no data item and has all of the code in 'OnPreReport()' as shown in the attached code at the bottom of this post.

Where would I put the starting time value, and the end value (start + '60 min') so that I can place a 'CurrReport.BREAK;'?...if you know of any examples on this blog it would be appreciated as well. Have a great day. Chris

Documentation()

Report - OnInitReport()

Report - OnPreReport()
    PostingDate := TODAY;

ItemApplnEntry.LOCKTABLE;
    IF NOT ItemApplnEntry.FIND('+') THEN
    EXIT;
    ItemLedgEntry.LOCKTABLE;
    IF NOT ItemLedgEntry.FIND('+') THEN
    EXIT;
    AvgCostAdjmtEntryPoint.LOCKTABLE;
    IF AvgCostAdjmtEntryPoint.FIND('+') THEN;
    ValueEntry.LOCKTABLE;
    IF NOT ValueEntry.FIND('+') THEN
    EXIT;

InvtAdjmt.SetProperties(PostingDate,FALSE);
    InvtAdjmt.MakeMultiLevelAdjmt;

UpdateItemAnalysisView.UpdateAll(0,TRUE);

Report - OnPostReport()

Report - OnCreateHyperlink(VAR URL : Text[1024])

Report - OnHyperlink(URL : Text[1024])
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is not easy to do what you want. Better is to use different access. Like if the adjustment take too much time, try to use filters to adjust item by item, e.g. Item with mst posted entries per day adjust separately etc. Depends on NAV versions which filters you can use. Changing the code is last step. Try to change processes first...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.