HOW TO CREATE A BATCH JOB TO DELETE AND ADD A NEW RECORD

pratyushapratyusha Member Posts: 14
This is the first time i have been assigned to create a batch job and i have NO idea about it. Could anyone lend a guidance on how to go about it as a first timer!!!!! Its a high priority assignment...!!!! :cry:

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Do you exactly know what is batch job?

What do you want to know about it?
  • pratyushapratyusha Member Posts: 14
    I know nothing about it!! I also need to know how to make one! :cry:
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Please contact your senior in office or read base technical documents..
    If ii COULD,I WOULD :?
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    pratyusha wrote:
    ...and i have NO idea about it. Could anyone lend a guidance on how to go about it as a first timer!!!!! Its a high priority assignment...!!!!
    I'm feeling sorry for you, really...
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    pratyusha wrote:
    This is the first time i have been assigned to create a batch job and i have NO idea about it.
    pratyusha wrote:
    If i COULD,I WOULD :?
    How about asking the person who assigned it to you :idea:
    did you try Googling? dynamics nav batch job

Is the :cry: face in the first post you, or the customer who receives this batch job from an inexperienced developer?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    rhpnt wrote:
    pratyusha wrote:
    ...and i have NO idea about it. Could anyone lend a guidance on how to go about it as a first timer!!!!! Its a high priority assignment...!!!!
    me too.... newbie on the job, no help, no guidance, undefined task... that's not a good place to be in
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    DenSter wrote:
    rhpnt wrote:
    pratyusha wrote:
    me too.... newbie on the job, no help, no guidance, undefined task... that's not a good place to be in

I think we all know that that this is the future and there is nothing we can do to stop it. ](*,)

At least it means we will always have plenty of work :-$
    David Singleton
    pratyusha wrote:
    This is the first time i have been assigned to create a batch job and i have NO idea about it. Could anyone lend a guidance on how to go about it as a first timer!!!!! Its a high priority assignment...!!!! :cry:

BTW do you have any Navision certifications.
    David Singleton
    do you have any certifications

No sir. Quite evidently I don't. I need to lean a lot to be in a position to appear for the exam. Plus I am not of the opinion to mug up dums and Get a certificate. Hence the BIGGG problem! :(
    pratyusha wrote:
    do you have any certifications

No sir. Quite evidently I don't. I need to lean a lot to be in a position to appear for the exam. Plus I am not of the opinion to mug up dums and Get a certificate. Hence the BIGGG problem! :(

Well if nothing else, your honesty is refreshing.

Is this how your company works? Do they simply throw some one on a project with no training or support, and just hope they survive. I feel for you, but I feel even worse for the customer. I guess that when you spend an hour posting questions on mibuso, that the customer gets invoiced for that hour, it can not be a great experience for them.
    David Singleton
    Yayy..!! I managed to make one!!!! though with help..lots of it from a friend...!!!! \:D/ =D> :thumbsup:
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    I think we all know that that this is the future and there is nothing we can do to stop it.
    We shure can do something, put pressure on MS and expose those companies who are doing business that way and ruining the image of the whole Dynamics branch!
    At least it means we will always have plenty of work :-$
    Sure, but in the end it's the product who suffers and when the word hits the streets we'll end up there too. In such cases the NAV partner company always blames the product - they did nothing wrong.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I agree it's the customer and the product name that take the hit.