Options

Service Tiers/Web Services for different codepage

CSideCSide Member Posts: 7
edited 2012-01-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I wondered if somebody has experience with NAV 2009 3-tier in combination with different codepages.

This is the situation:
There are 3 NAV databases with each a different codepage (they are hosted on the same SQL server). In order to migrate them to NAV 2009 R2 I would need to setup 3 service tiers (one per database) and 3 web services.
Does anyone know if it will be possible to install all the service tiers and web services on 1 machine ? In other words, are the service tiers depending on the windows codepage ?

We used to install different NAV application servers for these databases and in that case the codepage of the machine needed to be the same as the codepage of the database (just like you would login with a classic client). So that means 3 different servers...would be nice if 1 is sufficient in case of RTC/web services.

Thank you very much in advance !

Kind regards,
Tom

Comments

• Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    CSide wrote:
    Hi,

I wondered if somebody has experience with NAV 2009 3-tier in combination with different codepages.

This is the situation:
    There are 3 NAV databases with each a different codepage (they are hosted on the same SQL server). In order to migrate them to NAV 2009 R2 I would need to setup 3 service tiers (one per database) and 3 web services.
    Does anyone know if it will be possible to install all the service tiers and web services on 1 machine ? In other words, are the service tiers depending on the windows codepage ?

We used to install different NAV application servers for these databases and in that case the codepage of the machine needed to be the same as the codepage of the database (just like you would login with a classic client). So that means 3 different servers...would be nice if 1 is sufficient in case of RTC/web services.

Thank you very much in advance !

Kind regards,
    Tom
    you should need 1 server for each codepage.
    The architecture for 1 of our customer should be like this.
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    CSideCSide Member Posts: 7
    Thank you Rik !
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Just create 3 virtual machines on the one physical server.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    welcome :thumbsup:
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    Obviously David's solution works. the point is 1 (virtual)machine for each codepage.
    ~Rik~