Options

Help with Integer Data item

FiveFive Member Posts: 32
Hello all you wonderful navsion people,

i have a request directed mainly at the navsion experts on this forum (this excludes me :roll: )

If anybody is willing, please could you write sort of a small tutorial on the integer data item.

How it works,when to use it,the effects of indenting it etc

I have been looking at it when i develop reports but still can't figure out how it works.

Thanks to all those who respond and thanks to others for reading :D
Compile and then Recompile ....

Comments

• Options
    giulio.cipogiulio.cipo Member Posts: 77
    The integer dataitem is used when you have to have to repeat a dataitem and you don't now before how many time it have to repeat.
    the example is the docuemnt report and vat counter, you have to print all vat amount line but you don't now how many line are and the tale is a temp table. so you insert record in temp table, and run the integer dataitem. in the predata item you filter no form 1 to recound.count and in the onaftergetrecord you have the next instruction to move inside the recordset.
    is very useful sometimes because you need a section that you have to print only one time and there isn't a table that you ca use so you filter =1.
    i hope to help you i know taht my explanation is not very clear but i suggest to use it because sometime is the only solution
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Application Designer's Guide

Chapter 5: Special C\SIDE Tables has some info
  • Options
    FiveFive Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the replies guys....

Will have a look at the adg.
    Compile and then Recompile ....