Options

Hotfix issue for IN R2

shettarvikasshettarvikas Member Posts: 106
edited 2012-05-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

HFs which were released on SP1 earlier are not updated on R2 version. Because of this, I am doing compare & merge to update R2 with the Hfs of SP1.

After merging the objects, when I try to import the object it gives license error (attached). Please not that, this is a base database no cutomization present in this db.

PLease lets us know how do we update the HFs in R2

Thanks,
Vikas

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    May I know which hotfixes you are talking about?
  • Options
    shettarvikasshettarvikas Member Posts: 106
    Its
    1. Feature Pack 1
    2. HF2 -New E-TDS_TCS Filing format_NAV2009_NAV2009SP1
    3. HF3 - TDS_Higher_Rate_IN_NAV_2009SP1
    4. HF4 - PAN Statua change with IN NAV 2009 SP1
    5. HF5 - New TDS 16 A and TCS 27 D Certificate for IN NAV 2009 SP1

Regards,
    VIkas
  • Options
    Then import the HF FOB first into database and then import the txt file which is merged..
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You cannot insert new fields of protected range (Microsoft range of field ids and objects) thru text file import. Import Table 81 (fob) from the relevant hotfix and import merged text file.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Hi,

HFs which were released on SP1 earlier are not updated on R2 version. Because of this, I am doing compare & merge to update R2 with the Hfs of SP1.
    Vikas

You have not read the documentation released by Microsoft.
    Microsoft have clearly told that the HF's release for SP1 are not in R2, you will have to manually merge them.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    search1110search1110 Member, No Posting Permissions Posts: 19
    To Manish Sharma
    MB7-838,MB7-840,MB7-222,MB7-226,MB7-221,MB7-225 :
    :-k

You are not attentive or cannot read entirely!
    The man said: "After merging the objects, when I try to import the object it gives license error (attached)"

And yet, after that, you are saying: "...you will have to manually merge them..."

Again, for folks who are slow understanding: The man manually merged the object but cannot import the merged object what does he do to succeed?
  • Options
    You can import the table objects from FOB first and then import the merged objects..
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    You are importing text file, right? If so, try to import the original object, but using "fob" instead if text. Then these fields should be created. Then import your merged text file.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    @search1110
    Looks like you did'nt read the 1st post,below is the same for your reference.
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Vikas
    Regards,
    Manish