Access Navision reports via browser

nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
hi everyone,

firstly, i wish everyone a happy chinese new year..

have anyone tried to integrate navision reports with browser?

scenarios: i have few user required to access stock quantity, sales price from non navision platform (eg: web browser, mobile phones)in real time..

any propose (implemented) solutions?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Generating them as PDF and show the PDF files in browser. If you have something like webservices (because posting into classic forum, I expect you are not using NAV 2009), you can use webservice to retur the PDF.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    hi kine,

thanks for replying.. let say we are using ver5. the dilemma here is how to access navision from the browser ?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or you can do technical upgrade to NAV 2009 and use the native webservices support. But there is no direct way of using NAV from browser yet. You need to use some 3rd party tool/client or develop your own solution.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    hi fellas,

thanks a lot, cheers!
  • chris_lutherchris_luther Member Posts: 14
    We had the same issue, our directors wanted to be able to see figures and such forth during the day no matter where they were.

We got around this by creating BAS jobs that would run, create a PDF (Using PDF995) of the report every 10 minutes to a folder with our Intranet (Sharepoint) which is accessible via the web. All they then do is create a shortcut, each time they open the shortcut the report is updated. We have about 10 of these reports all run from one codeunit.

It works really well for us, we are using 3.70a ](*,)

Hope this helps.

Chris