Comment Master

hungryandfoolhungryandfool Member Posts: 114
Hello Masters
I have created a Comment Master table in NAV which will hold comments for all type of transactions purch., sales etc.
The master will be accessed from the comment sheet list form, from the order from or invoice form through a button click and depending upon the form type (purch., sales) the comments will be filtered out and displayed in the comment master form.
In the comment master the user will select the required comments and the same should be inserted into the Sales Comment Line or Purch. Comment Line as required against the order/invoice.
But the issue is I am unable to capture the order/invoice number at the comment master list form level, so that I can insert the selected comments from the comment master into the Sales Comment Line.
Please suggest me.
Thanks

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Comments are part of standard NAV, why are you reinventing the wheel?
  • hungryandfoolhungryandfool Member Posts: 114
    Thanks for the reply DenSter
    I agree comments are part of standard NAV. But in my current case I need a comment master.
    Actually the client has very lenghty legal/pricing clauses which he/she enters for every transaction at the header level comment.
    Now if he/she has to type them on every instance then its kind of not done for the client.
    So I decided to design a comment master which would complement in this case. The client would select the required clauses from the comment master and the same would get inserted into the normal NAV comment sheet.
    Masters please help me out with your suggestions [-o<
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    You are asking us for help with some custom functionality. Since this is not standard NAV functionality, the only people that know how it works are you and other people in your team. With the information that you posted, it is difficult to try and figure out what you are trying to do and where it is going wrong.

It's probably none of your fault because you're probably just programming someone else's design, but from the sound of this one I would probably think along the lines of having these legal papers as PDF's on the server, and figure out a way to print those autoimatically, based on the customer number on various types of transactions.
    Thanks DenSter for your suggestion, it can be a probable solution for me.
    Though I have resolved the comment master issue at my end, but from now on I will try to keep my points specific rather explaining the whole functionality.
    Thanks once again.