Want to flow same no. in invoice and shipment

vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
Hi,

Is there any standard way to flow same no.(from order) in posted invoice and shipment.

Comments

• raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    What if, if you get a Scenario as given below???

Order: 10Nos

Shipment1: 3Nos
    Shipment2: 3Nos
    Shipment3: 3Nos
    Shipment4: 1Nos

Invoice1: 6Nos
    Invoice2: 4Nos

It depends on the business scenario, thinking these cases there will not be any standard option. Wherein in voucher, we have a solution for it, since there is no combinations like this.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You can have 2 number series with same number format/values and it is possible but there will be lot of ifs and buts involved.
    On the other hand this seems to be contary to the spirit and intention of NAV (and standard practices). You should be better to remove the creation of Shipment by removing the value in field "Shipment on Invoice" in Sales & Receivable Setup.

It would be better to explain the business scenario for better understanding and suggestion.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    The only standard way that a temporary document and a posted document will always have the same number is limited to the invoice/credit memo type and sales/purchase invoices. The posting routine will check if the document numbers and posted document numbers use the same number series. If they do, the document number will be maintained. (That's why quantity on those document types is not split up in qty. to ship/invoice)
    In all other scenario's multiple posted documents based on 1 temporary document are possible. Hence the document number cannot be maintained.
    And ofcourse, clients bitching about numbers should be put straight with a simple no. If they ask why, and they don't want the long version: it's because the devvers/consultants are the experts, not the client.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Thanks for help..!!!

Raveendran - Actually i don't want to post it partially it will be posted completely.

It seems impossible with standard to post with same no. in posted document. i need to customize it.
    thanks again.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    For our Internet Orders (where a customer is given an order number) we like to keep that number flow thru the whole process so everything related to that order has the same number.

How we do it is when importing the orders I populate the "Posting No." & "Shipping No." (fields 62 & 63) with the order number. So once posted & shipped they all have the same #. NOTE: We ship once! No multiple shippments or invoices. So it works in our situation.

So if you rally want this you could customise the onInsert trigger of the sale sheader table to fill those fields with the same #.

Also, in our sales & receivables setup under numbering - have you tested setting the Posted Shipment No. & Posted Invoice No. to the same No. Series? (Might be in a diff location in your new fangled version)
  • raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    vijay_g wrote:
    Thanks for help..!!!

Raveendran - Actually i don't want to post it partially it will be posted completely.

It seems impossible with standard to post with same no. in posted document. i need to customize it.
    thanks again.

In that case, you can remove the posting number series for both of them and then assign the Order number itself as a Shipping No. & Invoice No in the header.

This is a very common requirement from few of our clients too, I do like this.

To avoid missing of numbers, remove the delete permission for Orders.

Hope this will help...
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS