Options

Report looping (help needed)

ResenderResender Member Posts: 119
edited 2012-01-31 in Navision Attain
For one of our clients we're making a new waybill report.
On each page of the report we have 12 lines with the goods.

Now under the goods we want the barcodes for those goods,7 lines in total.The barcodes have to be pasted together and you have to go the next line if the length of the barcodes
supersedes the length of the text (137 characters).
And here lies my problem, the barcodes are added together and a new line is taken when their length goes over 137, but on the following pages we start back off with the first barcode and not with the one following the last one printed on the previous page.

The structure of the report is like this
Waybill*****************Waybill1
-Integer****************Pages
--Waybill***************Waybill
---Integer**************NO GOODS
---Waybill Goods******Waybill goods
----Waybill Parcel No.*Waybill Parcel No.

If anyone could give me a clue on how to do it that would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    if you are printing bar code as a text by placing the textbox in the report and try using wildcard operators like '\\' as suffix to your barcode value, which moves the cursor to the new line.

Hope this should work...
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • Options
    if you are printing bar code as a text by placing the textbox in the report and try using wildcard operators like '\\' as suffix to your barcode value, which moves the cursor to the new line.

Hope this should work...
    Yes and no, in the section we print the barcodes we have 7 textboxes
    (tBarcode[1]-tBarcode[7]).

These are filled in from an array called tBarcode, which is of the datatype text with a length of 137 and has 7 dimensions.

So tBarcode[1] gets filled with the barcodes untill they either superceeds or are equal to 137.
    Then we go to the next dimension.

On the first page I need to show the barcodes that fit into dimension 1 - 7, on the second page those that would go into dimension 8-14, ect...

The barcodes don't all have equal lengths, I know it should be an easy solution but being an SQL guy my mind allways want to get the equivelant of 'get value of field Y of record X in table Z' and that's not really possible in navision.
  • Options
    Wel the solution we did was to fill a text array, check how many pages it would need to show all the barcodes.

If this exeded the number of pages that we're needed to show the goods we would use the amount of pages for the barcodes as the total amount for the report, if not we would use the goods pages.

Then we would the array in the loop that navision provides.
    I find the entire process highly inefficient since you can't really see what happens and why and you're stuck within the parameter of a predefined variable. Which limits your options on what to do when you exeed those parameters which can happen.