Options

can basic user license use locations & trans. order (warehou

ernesternest Member Posts: 162
Hi

I have a question.

Can a basic user license use locations and transfer orders from warehouse module.

I am asking because I am setting up Navision 5.0, and there is some requirement from the customer which can be solved with locations.
The problem is that I have ordered the basic user license, but I am not sure if it allows to use these features.

Please help me with some information.

Thank you all and best regards

Comments

• Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    a user license can work in the locations and warehouses IF those granules are in the license.
    A user license is just a license to allow 1 user into NAV. The license itself consists of user licenses, and the granules that can be used.
    For more information about licensing, please contact your regional Microsoft center.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ernest wrote:
    Hi

I have a question.

Can a basic user license use locations and transfer orders from warehouse module.

I am asking because I am setting up Navision 5.0, and there is some requirement from the customer which can be solved with locations.
    The problem is that I have ordered the basic user license, but I am not sure if it allows to use these features.

Please help me with some information.

Thank you all and best regards

I don't have the details on hand, but I am pretty sure that a basic license CAN use locations, but CANNOT use warehouse (picks bins etc.). I think also it can't use SKUs.

But as Sog says, contact your partner, they will have the license worksheet that clarifies all this.

Unfortunately there are a handful of fairly commonly required granules that are not included in the basic license to encourage users to move up to Advanced.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Sog wrote:
    a user license can work in the locations and warehouses IF those granules are in the license.
    A user license is just a license to allow 1 user into NAV. The license itself consists of user licenses, and the granules that can be used.

I don;t understand what you are saying here. Its as though you are talking about the old licensing model that vanish many years ago. With BRL things have changed a lot.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    ernesternest Member Posts: 162
    Hi all

Thanks for your posts.
    I know that I can use locations but the question that I have is: Can I use the Transfer Orders between locations functionality in the system with a basic user license?

If you could give me a simple answer it would help me a lot.

Thank you and best regards
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Granule 4100 Location Transfer is available in both BRL BE and AM License.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in