Options

Order Comment makes logo disappear

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
edited 2012-01-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever come across this scenario yet.

I have a standard Sales Order confirmation Report 10076. Im able to print the logo on the report by just checking off the box in the company info set up. Now when I go into a test order and make a Order comment the logo disappears. When I make a line comment the logo is still there.. I have done NOTHING to modify the report this is right out of the box nav with no modifications. Has anyone else come across this or have any kind of solution for me? Or is this just a bug..

Thanks
-rico1931

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    What version are you using? Classic or RTC? It shouldn't matter as that should never happen, but it's still important information.

Do you have access to look at the code behind it? The picture is usually "calculated" with a CALCFIELDS in the OnPreReport trigger.
  • Options
    edited 2012-01-12
    Hi Everyone I just tested the same scenario in Cronous NAV 6.0 R2 (6.00.33046) and the problem is the same... but when I went into my Cronous Nav 6.0 R2 (6.00.32012) that problem doesn't exist.. anyone have any thoughts? Would people here please test and let me know if you come up with the same bug. thanks!
    -rico1931
  • Options
    matttrax wrote:
    What version are you using? Classic or RTC? It shouldn't matter as that should never happen, but it's still important information.

Do you have access to look at the code behind it? The picture is usually "calculated" with a CALCFIELDS in the OnPreReport trigger.

Hi Matttrax,

I was trying out the scenario in both classic and RTC.. I do have access to the code and haven't modified anything in the code. This problem only happens when I insert a Order Comment and check the box "Print on Order confirmation" ... works fine in the old build for R2 ...

any ideas?
    -rico1931
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I only have build 32519 installed and there is no problem there.
  • Options
    Thanks Matt,

Anyone else have build 6.00.33046 (which is the latest hot fix ...i think checking now..) and experience the same problem when trying to print order confirmations?

thanks!

edit: 6.00.33078 is the latest hot fix.. im downloading and installing now and will test and come back with an update in a couple min. /edit
    -rico1931
  • Options
    So I applied the fix now on build 6.0.33078.0 on RTC and classic is on 6.00.33078 and still the same problem. Can anyone duplicate this issue with the logo when a Order comment is applied?
    -rico1931
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Export report from 32012 and latest version in txt format and compare..
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
  • Options
    Alex Chow wrote:
    This should be e-mailed to Microsoft for support.

That is what I was thinking Alex but did you try it? Did you have the same issue.. I just don't want it to be an isolated bug and look stupid.. lol
    -rico1931
  • Options
    rico1931 wrote:
    Alex Chow wrote:
    This should be e-mailed to Microsoft for support.

That is what I was thinking Alex but did you try it? Did you have the same issue.. I just don't want it to be an isolated bug and look stupid.. lol

No, I didn't try it. But the general rule is if you can replicate in a unmodified CRONUS database, it's a bug.
  • Options
    has anyone been able to replicate this problem in Cronus? Some consultants are telling me that its just a spacing issue when the order comment is trying to print but I can't buy that Microsoft would let something like that affect the RTC but not the classic client?
    -rico1931
  • Options
    rico1931 wrote:
    Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever come across this scenario yet.

I have a standard Sales Order confirmation Report 10076. Im able to print the logo on the report by just checking off the box in the company info set up. Now when I go into a test order and make a Order comment the logo disappears. When I make a line comment the logo is still there.. I have done NOTHING to modify the report this is right out of the box nav with no modifications. Has anyone else come across this or have any kind of solution for me? Or is this just a bug..

Thanks

Yes, it's a bug. I ran into the same problem in CRONUS.

Although I'm not sure if MSFT will release any fixes for this since NAV7 will have completely revamped reporting tool.
  • Options
    thanks Alex.. I told our consultants they need to verify the issue before suggesting fixes to me :-P

Ya i don't think they will fix anything.. but I told them to issue a ticket for it and come back to me with a better solution then redesigning my report lol..

Thanks !
    -rico1931