Options

Columns display limitation in the Role Center

jmfoxjmfox Member Posts: 5
edited 2012-01-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have created a new Role Center which consists of 3 "columns":
- 1st column with 1 part only (Job Manager activities with a long list of cues)
- 2nd column with 3 parts (My Jobs, My Items & My Customers )
- 3rd column with 2 parts (Outlook + My Notes)

When I go to "personalize this page", I then have 2 problems:
1) I can only personalize 2 columns, so I cannot remove the "Outlook" or "My Notes" part or move it to another column
2) worse, if I personalize any of the part and apply the changes, then NAV restarts my Role Center and displays 2 columns only, and there is no way I can revert to the original layout. Even the "Reset UI Settings" functions won't work : I have to delete the record in the User Metadata table.

I can understand that if I create a specific Role Center there should be no necessity for personalizing it, however I do need to be able to personalize a part (e.g. the Oulook part) on the Role Center.

Is the "2 columns display" a limitation of the Role Center ?

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I would suspect there is, although I do not know for sure. All of the out of the box role centers only have one or two columns, and in some of them they cram a lot of stuff into a single column. I would think if you could do three they would have done some of the out of the box ones like that.

And the fact that the personalization features, which are independent of the role center, are built to only handle two leads me to the same conclusion.
  • Options
    jmfoxjmfox Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your input.