Nav2009 SP1 sendTo Microsoft Office Excel - permission error

cda023cda023 Member Posts: 3
User is trying to export to excel via the available button at the top and receives the error "You do not have permission to read the user default style sheet table"

I was informed that a hotfix was necessary and I installed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973491. I followed all the steps and now I receive the following error
"There are errors in the text conversion because text no. 200-1 does not exist in the .stx file. Internal error:47-1

Can anyone help!!?!!?!?

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hot fixes often have a new STX file associated with them. unfortunately with non-accumulative (is that a word) hot fixes sometimes the STX was in an older hot fix and you need to find it.

it can also happen if you forget to put the STX file in the ENU or other language folders.

In general though it means that the STX file is older than the FINSQL.EXE file, so check them and make sure they have the same date.

Another issue is that sometimes a hot fi is not compatible with another language (US English is considered a different language to W1 English) so often using the STX file from the W1 can fix it. Spanish and Indian English have this problem often.

To make it worse, the STX file must match your FLF file.
    David Singleton
  • cda023cda023 Member Posts: 3
    thank you for the reply!

where would I begin to look for the associated .stx?
    cda023 wrote:
    thank you for the reply!

where would I begin to look for the associated .stx?

What often works is to get the very latest of your version, so that would be Nav 2009R2. Its very rare that they REMOVE elements from and STX, and having extra ones is generally not an issue. But you do need to test to make sure it works. For example when they removed SIFT there were some STX elements of Keys removed, so you couldn't design a 5.00 database with a 5.00sp1 STX file.
    David Singleton
    Also make certain to test all this with the Customers license file not your partner license.
    David Singleton