Analysis Views update locking users from posting statements

cfeghalicfeghali Member Posts: 17
Hello and happy new year mibuso.com Community.

I have a question related to the Analysis Views, which i recently cleared to run again for one Code.
this is under: financial management > Setup > Dimensions > analysis Views
I changed the start date for a few days ago but it still takes forever. the other thing that worries me is that all the users that do transfers and do statement posting are being blocked because of me.

I read in very few topics that you can have Auto update on posting turned on, so i am guessing is that this is turned on and they are trying to update too when they post. but since i am updating their posting fails. where do i turn Auto update on posting? where is that option?

If in the future I want this Analysis View to change automatically, what options do i have to do this?

thank you and best wishes for 2012 for all of you,

Cesar

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Try the "Update on Posting" on the "Analysis View Card".
  • cfeghalicfeghali Member Posts: 17
    This option shows grayed out under Analysis views. i can only check include budgets and/or blocked
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Strange... In my database it's not. Is there any customization that disables it?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Definitely it should be editable. I assume it is ticked?
    David Singleton
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    cfeghali wrote:
    I changed the start date for a few days ago but it still takes forever. the other thing that worries me is that all the users that do transfers and do statement posting are being blocked because of me.

If you change the "Date Compression" or "Starting Date" or dimension values or Filters then system will delete all the entries in the Analysis view. During the time of deletion, if you have marked update on posting then users will be blocked. Further as soon as you are done with the delete and before you update the analysis view, if any user post a transaction which will update the analysis view then the complete analysis view update will begin in the posting routine which will literally hang the user system (assuming there are lot of records to be updated in analysis view).

If the fields are greyed out then I assume the system is still deleting the records in the analysis view.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • cfeghalicfeghali Member Posts: 17
    I looked directly in the table where this is stored. Update on posting is unchecked for all the codes.
    Not sure why it's not editable in the form, but i can check/uncheck in the table directly if needed.

So if it's unchecked, why are people getting locked from posting when i Update the Analysis View with Date compression Month, and starting date 1/1/12

I also noticed that it still recalculated all 30million entries even thou i put 1/1/12, what a waste of time. now i have to clear it again and start from 2008.

Is locking the other users from posting statements by design when i run the udpate or should i do something else to prevent locks?

thank you,
    Cesar