SQL DB Replication/Mirroring or Whatever Solution

qlikeringqlikering Member Posts: 7
Hi Guys,

We are currently using the Navision in several countries. The SQL server and navision is installed in our head office.
Other countries access navision from HO using citrix.

My scenario is, we will be abolishing citrix few months from now.
We are looking for MS Terminal Server to replace the citrix but also wanted to consider other options.

* Can I setup one server in each country then local users access navision in that server then the DB is replicated to HO.
- once replicated the HO users can access the DB replicated from other countries and use Navisionas usual no limitations.

Notes :
DB in HO and other countries should have the same content everytime the replication took place.
There is no specific navision module other country can use or HO users can use from that DB.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

~skip

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Some questions:
    WHAT data do you want to replicate?
    How often? Or with how much time the data may be replicated?
    The replication goes only from database A to B? Or also from B to A?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    qlikering wrote:
    * Can I setup one server in each country then local users access navision in that server then the DB is replicated to HO.
    - once replicated the HO users can access the DB replicated from other countries and use Navisionas usual no limitations.

Yes you can, but it's going to be very expensive and take a lot of work. Maybe you have some crazy Idea that replication is cheaper than Citrix/Terminal Server.?
    David Singleton
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    kriki wrote:
    Some questions:
    WHAT data do you want to replicate?
    How often? Or with how much time the data may be replicated?
    The replication goes only from database A to B? Or also from B to A?

Well actually A to B and B to A is possible. it's known as 'Bidirectional transactional replication". It requires a lot of setup and coding, as you must design and code all the conflict resolution rules. Anyways, a bit off topic.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.