Options

RDL Reprt page break issue

Betrachter84Betrachter84 Member Posts: 62
edited 2012-01-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hi there

I've a RDL report layout for a purchase order. This consists of header, body and footer. The body contains a list which contains some fields on top an a table for the line data.

Problem: There is always an empty page printed at the end (not entirely empty it allwas shows the header information). Depending on how many lines the order contains the footer is shown or not. Preview looks find.

I konw the issue with the page width. I've tried numerous width/border settings in report properties and on header/body/footer. The only change is that i'm getting more empty pages... Current Setting Left 2.1 cm, Bodywidth 18 cm, Right 0cm, TotalWidth 21cm which is A4 format. I also tried the US Letterhead settings with corresponding selection for the printer -> same problem.

I've allready tried the KeepTogether property for the list, no change. PagebreakAtEnd/Start on List and Table are set to False.

Has anybody how i might come over this mess?

Thanks for any tip!

Answers

• Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    How does 2,1+18 make 21cm?

Do you mean:
      Left Margins=2cm Right Margins=1cm Body width=18cm

What value do get in the Body width if you write 1cm here? Do you get a value larger than 18cm?

/Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    hi claus, i meant

Left margin 2.1cm
    Right Margin 0cm
    Body with 18cm

i thought left margin + right margin + body with has to be <= physical paper with...

Of course i tried 2cm left /18cm body /1cm right before, but the result was the same.

Which value do you mean exalclty, i think i don't understand your question. You mean if i measure it on the printed document?

regards
    Stephan
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Are you 100% sure the problem is with the width?
    Those totalling lines can also create a new page.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    no, i'm no sure about that.

Meanehilst i deleted the totalling lines from the footer and transferred it to the table footer in the body section. Now they are shown but on the next page and the remainig footer fields aren't still visible.

how can i check if something else causes a pagebreak?

What about the interactive size settings?
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    put a constant in your repeater.
    Now you probably have =fields(something), just replace one of those with a constant. Then you'll see if those totalling lines are being printed on the next page.
    Moving those to the footer is not the solution.

It's your dataset that might cause these problems. totalling lines are also in that dataset.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    since i have placed the totalling lines in the footer of the table they are shown correctly as well as the footer of the report.

the problem is that there is a pagebreak between the last line and the totaling lines. no matter how many lines the report has...
  • Options
    The solution was to adjust the grouping of the list which contains the table with the line information to:

Document Type
    Document No.
    CopyNo