Change Log Entry

nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
hi guys,

anyone knows how/ what values to look for in change log entry for imported objects?

eg: table27: item i would like to know when was the last time it being imported?

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    The Change Log functionality keeps track of changes of data the user has entered. Changes of objects are not tracked. You'll need some external tools for versioning.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    The new Codeunit 1 functions GetDatabaseTableTriggerSetup, OnDatbaseInsert, OnDatabaseModify, OnDatabaseDelete, and OnDatabaseRename introduced in NAV 2009 R2 should allow you to track changes in the Object table. Although I don't know if it is possible to differentiate between importing objects and other modifications to the Object table through Object Designer.
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    hi jreynolds,

we are using version 5 is there a work around for this?
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    The Object table can (most likely, I haven't tried) be logged with the older changelog triggers also. You just need to open up the filter on some setup form.
    See Erweiterung des Änderungsprotokolls für Systemtabellen on the German Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer’s Blog. It's in German :roll: , but the code changes are in C/AL :mrgreen:.
  • dansdans Member Posts: 148
    You won't be able to track the Object table with the Change Log. However, I think you could do SQL Change Tracking on the Object table (never tried it before though). It's faster and lighter to do it that way.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is