Options

Citrix XPe FR3 installation and finsql.exe errors.

malicmalic Member Posts: 3
I have previously installed Navision several months ago on one of our Citrix servers.

Recently, we decided to install on the remaining servers. I must have lost some knowledge of Citrix admin. because I can't get it to work.

The original server is working. This was my process for installing on the additional Citrix servers.

Install Navision 3.7.
1. Modify registry for HKEY_LOCALMACHINE/SOFTWARE?NAVISION and gave write permissions to users.

2. Gave write permissions on C:\Program files\Microsoft Business Solution-Navision\ and all sub files/folders via inheritance.

3. Reinstalled Navision a second time because sometimes the file level security of a folder doesn't get the inheritance form folder when you update after install.

Now, I goto File, Database, Open.
I can put in the Server name by enumerating the drop down box. As soon as I click the drop down for Database, the finsql.exe crashes and generates microsoft report. I find this in the application data folder of the user. This user is a local and domain admin so he has permissions of full control on everything.

Here is what the navinfo.txt error reads.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Information file prepared 02/14/05 03:15 PM UTC

Error Class=Exception
Program=Navision (03.70.01.16172)
Operating System=Windows 2000 (5.0.2195)
Total Physical memory=2047MB
Used Virtual Memory=49MB
System Locale=1033
User Locale=1033
Global Language=1033
Code Pages=ANSI 1252 OEM 437

Server Connected=No
Database Open=No
Windows Authentication=No

++++++++++++++++++++++

To my knowledge, this server is setup identically to the one sever that works.

Please any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Is not better to install navision through install batch for terminal server? Install through setup.exe is working sience 3.70A but not for 3.70...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    malicmalic Member Posts: 3
    I've installed from the setup.exe and msi form the client folder as well as the startcd.exe in the root of the CD-rom.

Both return the same results. Any other ideas. I saw a posting about a 3.6 issues which is similar and they had the wrong MDAC on the server.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For installing on terminal server is existing special batch file, which copy needed files and register them. Without using MSI or another installer... it was best way how to install on TS. Sience 3.70A is possible to install through MSI (setup.exe) on terminal server... try this batch...

see http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =installts
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.