Another weird one

rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
First of all happy new year to all of you.

It seems I have stumbled over a pretty interesting db - or my knowledge of NAV is lacking. Let's see.
As I migrated data (std NAV data migration tool) the errors pointed to a table that turned out to be a mystery to me. It's a table with two fields of types int-primary key and text-50 char. All the table and field properties are set to default (triple check), there is no code behind and yet I'm unable to insert any data. There is no message, the cursor simply won't jump to the next line. There is no data in the table but some of the other tables point to the primary key field of it. I have a developer license and SUPER user rights.

Any ideas?

Answers

• PloegPloeg Member Posts: 70
    Maybe you could check in the database (with SQL Server's Management Studio) if the table which you refer to is in fact a View? That might explain why you can't add records to it.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    I forgot to write that in my first post; It's a SQL Server database (2008 R2) and it's a simple table - I also checked all the SQL table/field properties, login rights, user rights to no avail.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Try running the table from the Object Designer instead of through a form. If you still can't input any data, then the Editable-property of the fields is set to "No". Check also the permissions for that table with your license (see How To determine what objects can be read with the current license file?).
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Thanks for replying Luc.

I am testing the table directly through the object designer, all of the table and field properties are default, SUPER is default.... The thing is, I can input data into those two fields but the cursor won't jump to the next line to insert the data into the table it just stops. No coding behind. I'm using a dev license - object included.

Below is the original table definition (name is altered):
    OBJECT Table 60004 SomeTable
    {
      OBJECT-PROPERTIES
      {
        Date=15.11.10;
        Time=18:52:18;
        Version List=SomeVersion;
      }
      PROPERTIES
      {
        CaptionML=DEA=SomeTable;
        LookupFormID=Form84057;
        DrillDownFormID=Form84057;
      }
      FIELDS
      {
        { 50002;  ;Lfd. Nr.            ;Integer       ;CaptionML=[FRA=Nø s‚quence;
                                                                  DEA=Lfd. Nr.] }
        { 50004;  ;Beschreibung        ;Text50        ;CaptionML=[FRA=D‚signation;
                                                                  DEA=Beschreibung] }
      }
      KEYS
      {
        {    ;Lfd. Nr.                                ;Clustered=Yes }
      }
      CODE
      {

BEGIN
        END.
      }
    }

• bstnalmbstnalm Member Posts: 25
    I imported the above table and was able to insert more than 1 record in it.
    Hmm...
    I was able to insert one row of data directly through SSMS and lookie, lookie...works like a charm now. That's something to remember.