NAV 5.0 SP1 database with NAV 2009R2(classic executable)

SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
Will there be any issues by upgrading a NAV 5.0 SP1 database with NAV 2009R2(classic client) exectuable. Please let me know if there are any known issues or if anyone has tried this.

Thanks for your help.

S.

Comments

• MaximusMaximus Member Posts: 105
    I did this a while ago for several databases we use at the company where I work for. I encountered only one issue. Sometimes (not always, I haven't found exactly when yet, these are the best problems to solve :D ), when a user presses F9 to look up Statistics on a Sales Order, Navision throws the error message: You have to start a transaction first. The reason I have found here at the Forum: we have the Change Log setup for Tables Sales Header and Sales Line. When we disable this everything is fine. We decided that the Change Log functionality is more important _o us than looking up Statistics. I haven't been able to reproduce the same error in the old 5.0SP1 database so I guess Forms behave a little different in 2009R2. This is the only issue we encountered and the upgrade was done 5 months ago.

When someone has a suggestion for this issue, I would greatly welcome it.

Is this the only thing you plan to upgrade? We went from Windows Server 2003, SQL 2005, Office 2003 and Nav 5.0SP1 to Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL 2008, Office 2007 and NAV 2009R2. Keep in mind that you have to recompile the objects that make use of Office Automation Controls.

Our experiences so far: better performance because of the combination SQL 2008 and the 2009R2 client. Better experience for the users because of the Office upgrade and better experience for the developers because of the new features available.

Keep in mind that you also have to upgrade your NASsql.exe when you use this functionality.

Also keep in mind that you have to be db_owner on SQL to execute the upgrade.