Object not compiling

finderfinder Member Posts: 129
Hi,

I have a weird problem in NAV2009 R2 Classic client. Suddenly some objects are not compiling and application just hangs if I try to compile them. I cannot also design and export these objects in txt-format but in fob-format it's possible to export. Backup will also hang at this place (when it starts to export certain object). I cannot figure out what could be wrong or how to fix it. Could someone help me please!

Thanks in advance,
Anti

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Can you tell us what objects cause the error?
  • finderfinder Member Posts: 129
    These aren't standard but development objects in range 50000.. (some report and pages).
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    finder wrote:
    Suddenly some objects are not compiling...
    What happened before they "suddenly" did not compile?
    I couldn't find the certain reason. Just on one day application hanged in designing one of object. I forced to close application and after that I couldn't compile nor design this object anymore. First I thought it's only connected to one objects but there are also some other objects that act the same way (all seemed to be developed objects). In client side it's working fine but I cannot make any changes to these objects as it just hangs on pushing design or compiling.
    I figured out how to solve this. In server we had application with build 32012 and there was this hanging problem. In my own workstation I have build 32657 and there it's working correctly. I copied build 32657 to the server and it started to work there as well. Looks like build version bug. As customer is not using classic version can I leave RTC version the same and change only Classic version. This way I don't have to go through all the local workstations. Could it cause some problems??
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    finder wrote:
    I figured out how to solve this. In server we had application with build 32012 and there was this hanging problem. In my own workstation I have build 32657 and there it's working correctly. I copied build 32657 to the server and it started to work there as well. Looks like build version bug. As customer is not using classic version can I leave RTC version the same and change only Classic version. This way I don't have to go through all the local workstations. Could it cause some problems??

Yes, I've noticed that too. The newer builds in NAV2009 won't work with the older builds.