REPORT unable to create excel in Terminal Server

nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
hi guys,

I have a report that i was able to run in my local nav db chunning out report. however when i run it in terminal server it got stuck in creating excel bar (100%)!

i check excel buffer table, was able to find all data inside though. anyone ever encounter this phenomenon? :roll:

Answers

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Yes, when there is no excel to be found on the terminal server, no export could take place.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    hi sog,

i had checked that there's an excel installed in server already, but the issues still persist, so i run it on my local pc off peak hours and monitor them remotely.
  • dmaxwe11dmaxwe11 Member Posts: 4
    I'm having this issue as well. IT support says Excel is install on Citrix, but why would Excel hang at 100%? I've run another test on a testing server and the same report tells me I don't have Excel installed before it reaches 100%.
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    hi sog/ dmaxwe11,

you may like to try few methods, it works so far for me:

1.filter as much as possible so that navision excel buffer able to generate the report out, basically the limitation (afaik 2gb)

2.instead of running export to excel, write it to a table then use a dataport to export the data out.

i hope it helps 8)