Options

How to create that kind of report

atreatre Member Posts: 39
I encountered a report problem...and I am not sure whether it is resulted from Navision report artitechture or it can be overcomed by C/SIDE language... :-k

#My Data Model is--
I have 2 tables, for the fist table, I input the "TotalGroupFields" to group data, for the 2nd table , I indent it , and it has a "ReqFilterFields" for "Posting Date".

the "Details" for each group comes from table 2

#My Requirement is--
1. the report should renew a new page for every group
2. PrintOnlyIFDetail - show output if that group has details , if not, SKIP that group and go to the next group

#My problem is--
I use "CurrReport.NewPAGE" in group header/PreSection, or "NewPagePerGroup" property to meet "requirement 1", but I found doing this will always result in a blank page for page 1-when we input "Posting Date" for filters , but accidentally that posting date do not have correspond details for some groups.... :roll:
(actually, it is not totally blank, we have the header on it)

I think it is due to the data model and Navision report structure--
the system will execute the "NEWPage" command when it goes to my group header, and after group header, the system goes to the Body section of the 2nd table, but if accidentally that group do not have correspond details, then the system create a blank page.....

but if I do not use "CurrReport.NewPAGE" or "NewPagePerGroup" property , I cannot fulfill requirement 1 , somebody here told me I can reference Navision standard report - 206 sales invoice, and create something like "IntegerLoop" dataitem , but after research, I found it does not help, because we have different data model, and I cannot put my group header in "IntegerLoop".....it would make my report format very strange. :-s

I've spent lots of time searching other Navision standard report that helps, but still do not find one...has anyone ever encountered problem like this? how can I resolve it? :( :?: :?: :?:

Comments

• Options
    atreatre Member Posts: 39
    Hi,
    I 've identified the key point -- there are always 2 iterations in "Group Header" for the first Group.....

I think the trouble may be with the "TotalGroupFields".

Suppose, I have a table with key field1, field2.
    And I want to group by GroupTotalFields = Field1,Field2,
    therefore, I have 2 GroupHeader Sections in my report.

To ReNew the page by Group, I input "CurrReport.NewPage" command in GroupHeader of field2

then I design a request form , place 2 option box for "Field1", which means the user would only have 2 default values to select, so I input "SETRANGE(Field1, Field1Filter)" in PreDataItem of the table.

and my Group would Like this :

Group(1,1) or Group(2,1)
    Group(1,2) or Group(2,2)
    Group(1,3) or Group(2,3)
    Group(1,4) or Group(2,4)
    Group(1,n) or Group(2,n)

Anyone can tell , how can I stop or avoid that unusual iteration in the report :?: :?: