Modify Document Number in Item Jnl (2.60)

cjravencjraven Member Posts: 2
edited 2001-07-09 in Navision Financials
Hi all!
I hope someone is working today and can shoot me some much needed help in a hurry.
I have an item journal populated by a custom report. It's huge, almost 30,000 lines. Unfortunately the report has inserted tranasction numbers in the document number field of the item journal. I now need to modify the document number to the next item journal number in the series in order to post the thing.
I know I can edit the first line and then arrow down and F8 to copy the filed above, but to do this almost 30,000 times is lunacy.
Can anyone advise me how I could quickly modify the document number field and have it propogate throughout the journal???

I'm in dire straits here (end of 2Q inventory adjustments) and could use any help anyone can give me. I'd appreciate it if you could email me whatever suggestion you can come up with. These adjustments have to be posted before tomorrow when the workforce returns. I can be reached at: cjraven@ddf-lab.com
TIA! (Thanks In Anticipation) everyone! I'll try to return the favor if I have anything worthwhile to contribute to this forum as time passes.
Regards,
-Colin
--
Colin J. Raven

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Can't you use the search & replace functions of Navision Financials for changing the document number field?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)