to add post functionality in your own newly created order

meenakshi789meenakshi789 Member Posts: 2
I created a order named ticket order now i want to add a functionality of post? Please help me out?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    your question makes no sence.

are you saying you created a new table & form?
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    The DEV II MOC (it's the studying material you use to get certified in development exam II of nav) contains a good explanation of the standard management of dimension, posting routines, etc. etc.
    That pdf will give you an idea, but you can't ask us to write a posting routine for you...it's not just a bunch of lines of code, you know?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
    Hello Belias,

Might you or someone be able to let me know more info on the document you mention, "DEV II MOC"? I checked online but couldn't see anything for it.

I am with an end user but aiming for moving into the developer arena, and have accumulated many of the books out there self-studying, and read the MS manuals, but am yet to find a resource that covers posting routines. That I would see as being the tip of the mountain to climb for Nav development, and knowing at least some of it will help my current support of the system a lot.

cheers

Bruce Anderson
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    asmilie2b wrote:
    Might you or someone be able to let me know more info on the document you mention, "DEV II MOC"? I checked online but couldn't see anything for it.
    Links on PartnerSource:
    C/SIDE Solution Development in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0
    C/SIDE Introduction in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0
    C/SIDE Introduction in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
    C/Side Solution Development in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

I assume the C/SIDE Solution Development courses are DEV II.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
    Many thanks Luc. Much appreciated. I do plan to take the solution exam next. Whether I pass or fail it will be good experience to support the product I am sure.

cheers

Bruce Anderson
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    sorry to be that "hermetic" :) i couldn't find the link in my favourites list and i was in hurrry :oops:
    once upon a time, there was devI&II, then they changed the name of the manuals, sorry...
    good luck for your exam, and eventually welcome "to the other side" of NAV :)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog