What is better in my case: Service or Sales?

garjulgarjul Member Posts: 11
Hi, my name is Julio. I've installed NAV 5.1 for a new bussiness in my work.
We do follow-up of construction, for know how much cost finish the construction, and deliver to customer a report.
For do this work we contract a vendor, that do part of work.
I want register the order and invoice to customer and register the invoice of vendor, and I ant relate the sale (or service) invoice with the vendor's invoice, for know the Profitability.

I don't know if to use sales, if use Projects or use Service.

Can you help me with your opinion?
Excuse me for my bad English

Thank you

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Start with Jobs and see if that can deliver what you need.
    David Singleton
  • garjulgarjul Member Posts: 11
    Thank you. I see the jobs, but don't serve for my problem, because I don't work with resources. I contract external vendors.
    For examplo, this is my work:
    a customer ask me a report for know how much cost paint 4 housings. This is my order 00001, with item "Technical report"
    I send a Technician (that is really my vendor) and he give me a report about.
    I give the report to my customer and I Invoice it, for example, 100€
    after, I pay to my vendor 80€, and he send me his invoice.

I register in NAV the order, the sales invoice and the vendor invoice.

After I'd like know that the item "Techncial report" give me 20€ of benefit in this order concrete.

After, the customer ask me that I paint the 4 houses. This is other order about the same "building" and repeat the process.

Then I'd like know that obout this "building" I realize 2 works, with 2 sales invoices and 2 vendor invoices.

have I explained??

Thank you very much
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    That's commonly done using Jobs and Resources. The Resource has a "Vendor No" field, and you would use that as the vendor for generating the Purchase Orders.

Ask your NAV partner for help to implement this. You might need some customization for your particular needs.
  • garjulgarjul Member Posts: 11
    OK, I'm try to configure.
    Thank you