MergeTool exported objects

MagicNAVMagicNAV Member Posts: 8
I merged some NAV objects versions with MergeTool. After that I exported merged object as txt file and then want to import it to my Navision DB.

But then I am importing it, I get the message that "program license does not allow you to create the field in the table". I see that this field is from NAV version range. For example G/L Entry table 76 G/L Account Name field.

I am using the developer license. How can I import it wihout creating this field manualy?

Comments

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    You cannot create new fields in a protected range from a text file import.
    You have to create them from Navision by merging objects.
    You can merge old to new or new to old depending on which code you want to preserve,
    Once you have done that, then you can import the ext file since it won't be creating any new fields.
    The developer license will not let you create field numbers 1 to 49999 in objects 1 to 49999.
    This alos applies to other protected ranges.
  • PauliusTPauliusT Member Posts: 1
    Wrong merging. You don`t need to create new fields in 1..49999 range. Maybe you have different version from the base version?
  • MagicNAVMagicNAV Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for your answers.

I want to merge NAV4.03 and NAV2009 objects. If I don't create new fields in 1..49999 range, there are the problems with forms, reports, etc., which are related with that fields. Without these fields I must change all objects to objects without fields.
    There are some fields in the table in NAV4.03, but there are not in NAV2009. So I want to merge them.

I am not sure, that I understood well. Can you tell what I must do?
  • reijermolenaarreijermolenaar Member Posts: 256
    You only can create this fields by importing a FOB.

You will have to create a FOB with this new fields without any code (remove all C/AL) and use the merge option in the import worksheet when you import the fob.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager