PO Approval Email - NAV 2009 SP1 RTC

almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
I saw a lot of posts about hyperlinks, but either I don't understand them or..

Anyway, I've imported the default mail approval template from the Cronus database. The emailing functionality works just fine, however in the template there is a hyperlink, which should open up NAV to the PO. I thought we had it working the first time we tested it, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. I am not a programmer or IT, so any information in lehmans terms, or well enough explained that I can bring it to IT.

It appears that the problem may be the properties of the hyperlink. We are running in a remote desktop enviroment and the URL points to a temp file on my computer (or connection, not sure which), that no one else would see. How do I change this?

I've attached a screen shot of the properties box.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The problem is, that the link must be "clicked" on system, where NAV client is installed. If you are running NAV client through remote desktop, you can "click" the hyperlink only on the remote desktop.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
    We tried that as well, and they hyperlink doesn't show up at all.
    In fact it doesn't even work when we are using the direct pc installs.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Question is, if they are not working only for classic client.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    It doesn't work for Classic or RTC.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Well, if your link is entirely incorrect, then ofcourse it won't work.
    Lets start with the link you provided.
    It is file:///C:/users/ahansen/appdata/local/temp/4/Microsoft%20Dynamics%20NAV/6864/%5.
    This is not a NAV link
    This is a rather personal link only valid for 1 computer (where the file is) and for 1 normal and superusers (not NAV, but Windows).

If it was file:///%appdata% then it could work for more,
    A nav link is : [url=navision://client/run?servername=Myservername%26database=Mydatabasename%26company=MyCompany%26target=Form%2050%26view=SORTING(Field1,Field3]navision://client/run?servername=Myserv ... ld1,Field3[/url])%26position=Field1=0(1),Field3=0(106025)%26servertype=MSSQL

a file://// link is parsed by the OS and points to the filesystem, a navision://// link is parsed by finhlink and points to either fin.exe or finsql.exe

If you want to see for yourself, open nav, open a form you might want to link to, select File -> send to-> shortcut to desktop.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    Sog,

Thank you for the reply. I feel like I might be getting somewhere now. Forgive me since I am not an IT person. However, I did the file - shortcut thing (which you can't do in RTC, but I did in classic) and get the following:

[url=navision://client/run?servername=eassql4%26database=ECUS_TEST%26company=TEST%20I%26%26J%20Fisnar,%20Inc.%26target=Form%2050%26view=SORTING(Field1,Field3]navision://client/run?servername=eassql ... ld1,Field3[/url])%26position=Field1=0(1),Field3=0(PORD00008)%26servertype=MSSQL

So, here are my questions:

1. We run only RTC and the server name is different, so I believe I'd have to replace eassql4%26 with something like this:
    easnav1:7050%26, right?
    2. But I wouldn't want to hardcode the database or company since we have two databases and multiple companies. How would I do that?
    3. Then, once I figure that out, how do I put that in my mail template (I can't attach it but maybe I could email it to you?).
    4. Finally, how do I get it to pick up the correct purchase order? I did this on a specific one, but I want the template to fill in the PORD00008 with the purchase order that I've sent the request from.

Thank you,

Amanda