The operating system cannot access to the file

lloydsmodslloydsmods Member Posts: 93
I have started getting really funky errors lately on my local dev install. I have 2009 R2 installed and have several copies of the classic client folder on my machine so I can open multiple instances of NAV for comparing code.

In the last week or so I have begun to see this error, or something like it, when starting NAV:

12-16-2011%2010-30-13%20AM.png

The temp file name changes every time. The error happens when attempting to launch the Classic Client, the Classic Client with SQL, and older versions of the classic client (5.0 and 4.0).

Short of re-installing NAV, is there a way to fix this?
If guns cause crime mine must be defective.

Answers

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Are playing around with any temporary table? E.g. for testing?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • lloydsmodslloydsmods Member Posts: 93
    No.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you tried to restart your PC? Sometime when NAV client crashes, slave.exe process is still running and keeps some files open in temp folder...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • anilkumaranilkumar Member Posts: 136
    This is related to Zup file error, Please keep separte Zup files for each clients.
    Anil Kumar Korada
    Technical Consultant
    I had different desktop icons which pointed to specific clients and each had it's own zup file. I even deleted the zup files and allowed the clients to create new ones but that made no difference.

I even uninstalled and re-installed NAV, but that didn't help either.

:-k
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    Try turning off the AV OnAccess scanner. If this works you may want to configure a different temp directory for NAV (Command line option temppath) and exempt just that.

If this does not help, is the problem related to a particular Windows user or usergroup? -> Check access rights and privileges; try with a new profile, preferably not subject to any group policy restrictions.

The error also surfaces if you try to connect to more than one database using the same client if at least one is not using a database server connection.
  • anilkumaranilkumar Member Posts: 136
    As per your screenshot Zup file stored in C:\Users\Owner.....
    This is realted to folder permissions problem, As this type of error I also faced.
    Anil Kumar Korada
    Technical Consultant
    Turned out to be the AV as vaprog suggested. Once I disabled my AV, the client fires up with no problem. Thanks to all who posted suggestions.
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,499
    2 comments to your posting:
    1. Don't use screenshots to display an error message. People now can't use the search functionality to find this thread if they experience a similar error. See forum rules #3.13
    2. Don't use the word "Solved" in your topic title but use the Topic attribute "Solved" (= green checkmark). See forum rules #3.9