Options

RTC/CLASSIC>WebSerice Problem Creating Report with Barcoding

dipakpatel2505dipakpatel2505 Member Posts: 169
edited 2011-12-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hii All,

I am facing the problem for printing Report from Classic/RTC and Webservices(SAVEPDF Function). Basically The problem is due to font. I have used IDAutomationC39M.ttf font.

When I print Sales "Order Confirmation" Report then It prints properly with Barcoding as shown in Attached Image No 1 "1 Classic RTC Print.jpg" but when using Web services, I am creating PDF file using SAVEPDF function it doesnot show Bar Coding at shown in Attached Image No 2 "2 Web Services.jpg".

I want to print my Sales Order No. in Bar Coded form as show in Sceenshot 1 "1 Classic RTC Print.jpg" by using Report.SAVEPDF Function using Web Services.

I have also attached Font which is used to create Bar Code shown in Screen shot 1 "1 Classic RTC Print.jpg".

Please Guide me how can I do this functionality ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    To use your barcode font with saveaspdf you need to install this font on the machine where the webservice is running. After installing the font you need to restart the machine (yes, the whole machine not just the service). Then you are able to save the pdf with the custom font.

BUT: if you open the pdf on a machine that has not installed the custom barcode font, it won't display it as barcode. This is because saveaspdf is not able to embed fonts in a pdf.

If you want to distribute the pdf to clients or machines without the custom barcode font, you need to create an image.
    See this article about it: http://mibuso.com/blogs/lyot/2010/07/12 ... e-creator/

I'am using it for a EAN128 Barcode creation and it works fine for me.
  • Options
    dipakpatel2505dipakpatel2505 Member Posts: 169
    Hello deV.ch,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried provided solution but it doesnot work for me.

Did you have done such functionality ?

I want to perform Bar Coding with Font only.

Please Suggest..
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    Well you ned to give further information. What does not work? have you installed the font on the webservice machine? restarted?
    Is the font installed on the client where you open the pdf?

And again: Do you want to provide the pdf to clients? Because if so, you will have to go for the Barcode-Bitmap solution, otherwise the client won't see the barcode if they don't have the font installed...