How can we assign Multiple Dimension to a single ledger?

rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
Hi Experts,

How Can I assign multiple Dimension Values with single ledger at the time of posting an entry(i know that i can assign it through Dimensions-Multiple option which is present in Account Button in CHART OF ACCOUNTS screen but my requirement is to assign multiple dimension values with single dimension code & with single ledger)and also i want that when i try to post any entry with same ledger but with some other dimensions(except assigned dimensions to that particular ledger)system will not allow to post the entry.

Thanks in Advance :)
Regards,

Rinki

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I can't think of a way to acheive this. Dimension combination can be tried if possible.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I can't think of a requirement that would need a single dimension with multiple values...
    I think your solution would be multiple ledger entries.

If not the analysis will be incorrect. (Ie: a ledger entry of a 1.000.000 rupi with a single dimension and multiple dimension values, lets say dimension department, and values Purchase, Warehouse and IT, will show up when analysed as a total of 3.000.000 rupi, while only 1.000.000 rupi has been handled. So your dimensions will behave incorrect and you have no way of trusting your dimensions and a valuable part of NAV will be worthless.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Sog wrote:
    I can't think of a requirement that would need a single dimension with multiple values...
    I think your solution would be multiple ledger entries.

If not the analysis will be incorrect. (Ie: a ledger entry of a 1.000.000 rupi with a single dimension and multiple dimension values, lets say dimension department, and values Purchase, Warehouse and IT, will show up when analysed as a total of 3.000.000 rupi, while only 1.000.000 rupi has been handled. So your dimensions will behave incorrect and you have no way of trusting your dimensions and a valuable part of NAV will be worthless.

No its not the way you have understood. The requirement seems to be that a particulat G/L account should be allowed to posted with some of the dimension values available for a dimension code. The other dimension values should not be allowed. To quote: G/L Account of travelling should allow only "Sales" and "Purchase" dimension value for Dimension Code "DEPT" and should not allow "Finance" or "Prod" or etc........

Rinki can confirm the requirement...
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Well for a single dimension attached to a G/L Account you can only choose if the account may be posted with the same code (restricted to 1)
    must have a code (restricted to all the values under that dimension except empty)
    or you allow everything. (under that dimension)

The only way to fill your requirement I see is customisation. Something where you have an extra Value Posting option between "same code" and "Code Mandatory" (not actually in between because modifying an option not at the end is a handful, but businesswise).
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
    Sog wrote:
    Well for a single dimension attached to a G/L Account you can only choose if the account may be posted with the same code (restricted to 1)
    must have a code (restricted to all the values under that dimension except empty)
    or you allow everything. (under that dimension)

The only way to fill your requirement I see is customisation. Something where you have an extra Value Posting option between "same code" and "Code Mandatory" (not actually in between because modifying an option not at the end is a handful, but businesswise).

Regards,

Rinki